Recipe Ingredients for Buckwheat Banana Muffins
2 eggs beaten
½ cup brown sugar(loose, not packed)
1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 TBS cinnamon
1 TBS ground ginger
1 very ripe banana
1/3 cup coconut milk and a splash if needed
Recipe Directions for Buckwheat muffins
- Blend eggs, brown sugar together
- Mix buckwheat flour, baking powder and soda, cinnamon, ginger
- Add butter to dry ingredients, fold gently in the egg and sugar mixture just till blended.
- Add mashed up banana
- Add coconut milk
- Put in muffin tin with paper cups or grease/flour muffin tins
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
This is a very thick batter, but it bakes up surprising springy/almost fluffy.