Saturday, October 12, 2013

Tiny Boxwood made me think of "Tiny Dancer"....

...and I saw some tiny dancers on the lawn at Tiny Boxwood. Sisters, ages 4 and 7, I would guess, dressed in fancy polka dotted dresses dancing to the music of Ella Fitzgerald. They were so pure in their movement and enjoyment of the moment.  I wished I would have snapped their picture, but that may have disturbed the sweet enchantment of their dancing.

What a pleasant way to spend a delightful meal with good friends, sitting outside on Tiny Boxwood's patio, on a hardly humid cool Houston evening. I went with Bob and Flora. We all had pizza. Happy palettes all around for the choice. Three waiters brought the pizzas to the table, cutters ready, but first a picture, then the cutting.  I felt like I was in the dining scene of Hello Dolly and the waiters would break out in song, so synchronized and graceful they were.

I had the Fall Pizza with fresh figs, prosciutto, goat cheese and reduced balsamic vinegar. It was a perfect combination.

Bob had the buffalo mozzarella pizza with basil and tomatoes.


Flora had the calabrese salami pizza. Flora had wanted a pepperoni pizza, but they did not have pepperoni, so calabrese salami was substituted and she was a happy girl!!!


The crust is very thin and crisp. I love that. Tiny Boxwood attributes that to its wood burning pizza over. They use Texas Oak and only Texas Oak. The oven is totally wood burning, the only completely wood burning Pizza Oven in Houston. This information was relayed to us by our oil well named waiter.


The menu is small, select, seasonal, local and fresh and nicely presented.

Tiny Boxwood
3614 W Alabama St  Houston, TX 77027
(713) 622-4224

Tiny Boxwood's Mission:

To create food that can be enjoyed in an environment, that together create a reaction that's contagious to all and forgotten by no one. (from their Web site)


No comments:

Post a Comment