Saturday, June 9, 2012

Need a Sugar Fix......




...let me introduce you to Sugar Fix! A vegan bake-to-order sweet treat kind of business. There isn't a store front, but there is a phone number for orders. Also, owner-baker Amber Aldredge sets up shop at events, like the one this morning, at Boheme Cafe and Wine Bar.
Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies


I was immediately drawn to Amber's Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies. I have a deep appreciation for oatmeal, because I tell myself, that even though the oatmeal is in cookie form, that I have to be getting something heart healthy out of the deal!!! I was very pleased that I tried them.  They were moist without a heaviness, flavorful and I'm going to throw in healthy.  Other treats on the ready to sample were: ginger bread muffins, banana nut muffins, brownies, cupcakes. A tasty bunch of treats as I've ever had. Look for Amber or give her a call, order these delightful treats.
Look at the size of those brownies.

ginger bread and banana nut muffins

Cupcakes

I brought the cookies home and set up for tea. They complimented the tea perfectly, of course.


There is one more thing I would like to mention. Amber told me that she was let go from a job. She has always loved to bake, so she decided to give it a go and the good news is, she is making a sustainable living from her baking. I can taste why, too, yummmy!!!

The stories out there are great. Talking to people who care about what they do, because it is a genuine interest seems to be a good way of finding a better way to live. Adding a positive attitude only enhances the chances for that success.  There are inspirations all over the place. Amber is one of them. Yeah Amber!!!!

Quote for the day: "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls."

Joseph Campbell


Sugar Fix
"When you're craving something sweet..."
www.sugarfixsweets.com
909-851-4567

No comments:

Post a Comment