Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Honey, will you come into the bathroom.....

and wash my hair?
This actually works. I read about it online, alternatives to shampoo. Honey was one of the suggestions. Washing hair with honey seemed to make sense. It has to be raw honey. Raw honey keeps all that good stuff that helps fight infections. The stuff that comes out of the hives without processing is called phytonutrients. It gets destroyed during processing, because they use heat. It is said the best honey is local, purchased directly from the hive or at farmers markets.

I have tried this a couple of different ways. Take a teaspoon of honey and dissolve it in warm water, not hot, a cup of water will do, pour it on your hair, rub it all around and rinse. I let it stay on my hair for a few minutes just for good measure. There will not be that squeaky feeling that shampoo gives, it will feel almost oily. Because of that feeling, I skipped the conditioner, too. My hair is old and needs some extra help with dryness and friz, the honey made a difference.
It also restored some of the natural curl. I also no longer need conditioner. I have only been doing this for a short while, but it is worth a try, don't you think?

I have also taken a large tablespoon of honey and rubbed it all over my hair before showering, letting it stay on for a few minutes before rinsing it. It works equally as well, however, a bit messier.


Honey has so many uses. It's worth doing a bit of research to find out more about it.

Quote of the Day: I think acts of kindness are signs of heroism.

No comments:

Post a Comment