Friday, July 6, 2012

The Day the Music Died, so long Fiesta....

....you will be missed.

This Fiesta Store was small, but it had all the good stuff.(I use the past tense here, because for all practical purposes, the store is no more.) I shopped there as often as I could. Sometimes it was just for one or two things, sometimes it was just to go into a friendly place where music from my early years played. Singing along and dancing down the aisles was a regular occurrence and I wasn't the only one. If you listened carefully, you could hear a whole grocery store singing along with Ray Charles, Three Dog Night, Chicago, Aretha.

It was weird going in there recently. The shelves are not being restocked. Some of them looked threadbare.
My favorite sections of the store were the produce, the seafood and the wine. There will never be better deals on wine anywhere else. That's the truth.


great produce

Best wine deals in town.


While I was checking out, I asked the guy at the register if the store was really closing on July 15. He said yes. I told him I would really miss coming into the store. He said that he would miss all the customers. He went on to say that the whole strip center is going to be demolished to make room for a high rise. I asked if Fiesta had made a place in other stores for all the displaced employees. He said that they had. Yeah!! Fiesta.

I like grocery stores. I'm fortunate to have such a selection within a one mile radius from my apartment. Each one of them offers something different, each one has its own personality and even though I have other stores to shop, I will really miss this quirky fun little store.
The whole strip center is going down.

The Fiesta at West Alabama and Dunlavy
Goodbye, Fiesta.
Ah, I love the smell of cilantro in the morning.

Quote of the Day:
"I love grocery shopping when I'm home. That's what makes me feel totally normal. I love both the idea of home as in being with my family and friends, and also the idea of exploration. I think those two are probably my great interests." Yo-Yo Ma

No comments:

Post a Comment