Saturday, August 11, 2012

Queso for VEGANS and lactose interolant folks, too!

Queso with blue corn chips.

I tried this "Queso" because I have trouble digesting cheese..... well, most things diary, so I was really curious about this product and if it really could pass muster for queso. Amazingly, it does. The flavor is cheesy and I mean that in the best possible way. It clings to chips just like a pro and has enough spice to give a good solid kick to my taste buds. The owners of this Round Rock, Texas company were handing out samples at Whole Foods. Glad that I took the trouble to take a taste. I was impressed.  The label reads "Deliciously spicy with a creaminess you never thought you'd experience without dairy." That pretty much sums up my experience with this product. It also states, there are no fats, soy, nuts, dairy or cholesterol, which is great.  However, it does contain wheat for those with wheat allergies.

Quote of the Day: "I love that Queso. I JUST bought some last night....it's a really great alternative to the real thing.
Jessica Cramer, Vegan

I know Whole Foods carries this product, but check out Food for Lovers Web site for more locations and information.

Food for Lovers
www.food-for-lovers.com
512-909-6157

No comments:

Post a Comment