Monday, March 26, 2012

Sorrel Urban Bistro for brunch, Oh my.....

...it was Sunday, sunny and noon, time for food. Time for BRUNCH!!!! Sorrel Urban Bistro was a great choice. Look what I had!!! Seared scollops, bacon, poached egg, mixed greens with a simple vinaigrette. This was done so beautifully that I just had to take a lot of pictures. And so tasty, too. Scallops are one of my all time favorite foods and these were perfect. What a combination!!!!


My notes: I feel comfortable here. It is fun to share meals with friends, but that isn't always possible, it is nice to be welcomed into a restaurant as a woman dining alone and feel comfortable. It is so today. The dress of the patrons range from sportcoats, ties, slacks, dresses, pearls, heels to t-shirts, shorts and flipflops. Service is the same regardless. I like that. At the host station is a monitor that has real time video of the kitchen. Now that's trust. I guess that goes along with their open kitchen, where guests are encouraged to watch the food being prepared and cooked.

And yes, I had dessert. I do have a sweet tooth and my hips are saying okay, lets add a little extra sway to and fro. There were three desserts to choose from, no, I did not get all three, but I settled on the Creme Brulee, a favorite of mine. It was very creamy with a good flavor. Clean, fresh.
This is a friendly restaurant with wait staff that know the menu and who are attentive without being over bearing.

Sorrel Urban Bistro
2200 West Alabama
Houston, TX 77098
713-677-0391
www.sorrelhouston.com
Executive Chef, Soren Pederson



Quote of the day: A smiling face is half the meal. Latvian Proverb.

No comments:

Post a Comment