Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy herbs, plant them, okay!!!!

I planted some herbs and a couple of vegetables the other day. Digging in the dirt, planting, watching my mini grocery store grow gives me such a thrill. It doesn't take acres of land, .000012 of an acre will do.
.000012 of an Acre more or less.
One of my favorite herbs is Cilantro. When I was a kid, the only name I knew for it was Coriandar. I really disliked it then. It hasn't been until recently that I have fallen in love with it. The smell sends chills up and done my spine. I eat it plain, or like today on a roasted chicken sandwich. I throw it in soups, pico de gallo, scrabbled eggs. It is so good. That's why it shocked me when I went online and found a blog called "I Hate Cilantro." It seems silly, yes, I may have jumped on that band wagon several years, okay, but no more. I love cilantro and I hope that it will continue to grow in my garden. It grows wild in South Eastern Europe. Wouldn't I like to find myself in a field of that on warm spring day.

I planted Cilantro's cousin next to it. Italian Parsley. I also eat is right off the plant and use it in soups. Italian Parsley doesn't send me over the moon like Cilantro, but I'm very happy to have it in my garden.

I also snagged a mint plant.
 And have added some early cooler weather vegetables.
 Red Leaf Lettuce.
 Romain Lettuce

Early Girl Tomato
Cauliflower
I was so happy, because about three hours after I planted my crop of herbs and veggies, it rained. A nice slow gentle caressing rain. Happy plants indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment