Saturday, February 4, 2012

Laurenzo's on Washington

I have been to this restaurant three times. All three times I have had some form of their prime rib. It's hard not to. It is so tender and delicious. This trip I had the French Dip on an Italian Roll with a side of cole slaw. The cole slaw is finely chopped with pieces of apples and cabbage.

The sandwich is perfection, tender flavorful meat on quality bread. Their menu says that the prime rib is seasoned with kosher salt, black pepper, garlic then slow roasted. The beef is the top of the top, no antibiotics, no hormones, nothing artificial. If you want prime rib I cannot think of a better place to get it. Of course, they have other great things on their menu, too.

Like the Ahi Tuna Nicoise Salad that my friend Taavi ordered. It looked delicious. He said that it was excellent. To top the meal off we shared the Key Lime pie with Mandarin Oranges.

Taavi likened it to Key Lime Ambrosia with the perfect combination of tart and sweet.

Laurenzo's is part of  by the same family of restaurants who own El Tiempo Cantina and El Tiempo Market.


Laurenzo's Prime Rib
4412 Washington Ave.
Houston, TX 77007
713-880-5111
laurenzos.net

2 comments:

  1. The tuna looks great here, I've heard good things about their shrimp and grits too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think their food is very good. They have a diverse menu. I bet their shrimp and grits are great.

      Delete