Monday, January 23, 2012

The magical world of movies and food.....


There are so many things that I like about food and movies, especially when it is a movie involving food, which usually has some mystery, sensuality, romance, redemption, transformation and joy.  Oh and love and magic, I see food and movies that way.
Here is a list of my favorite movies that have food slathered all over them.

"Babette's Feast" 1987 (Denmark)
The mother of all movie feasts.

"Like Water for Chocolate" 1992 (Mexico)
(Como aqua para chocolate-original title)
I happened to have read the book. The movie did a good job of adapting to the book and why not the writer of the book, wrote the screen play, Laura Esquivel.

"Big Night"  1996
Just pull out all the stops and see what happens.

"Woman on Top" 2000
A delightful enchantress

"Chocolate" 2000
Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in that Chocolate Shop.

"Mostly Martha" or "Bella Martha" 2001 (Germany)
Food nurtures and love heals.

"No Reservations" 2007
This is the U.S. made version of Mostly Martha. I liked both of them.

"Julie & Julia" 2009
Blogging and cooking, okay, so I'm not an original, but man oh man does the food in this movie make you want to get out there and give cooking a try.

I am sure there are more, but these are the ones that come immediately to mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment