Monday, January 16, 2012

On a French Toast kick......

French Toast, I do enjoy it. It's easy to make. I like using sprouted grain bread.
Just a quick note, I keep my sprouted bread in the freezer, so to make sure the bread gets thoroughly cooked, I pop it in my toaster to thaw it out, before dipping it into the egg mixture.

This is for a single serving of French Toast, two pieces. All you need is an egg, a little water, two tablespoons should do it,  (you can use milk or any alternative) whip the egg and water with a fork in a shallow bowl,

add as much cinnamon as you like (I like a lot), whip it a bit more.

Add one piece of bread at a time. Really let the liquid soak into to the bread, make it good and soggy.

Put it in a pan with a pat a butter that has melted. Make sure that the melted butter covers the bottom of the pan. Start with your skillet on medium high, let the bread get a good searing on one side, turn the heat down to medium.
Turn your toast over. Let it cook for a few more minutes.
And there you have it,  Sprouted Grain French Toast, with orange slices, maple syrup and a dollop of Fage yogurt.
This French Toast is very hearty, because the sprouted grain bread is so dense. It is loaded with flavor and is a bit more substantial for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment