Friday, January 27, 2012

What to do with 100 pounds of sand.....

Make a patio and on a day like today, it is a welcomed addition. It is sunny, cool, low humidity, perfect for sitting outside. I live in a garage apartment with a small amount of property to play in. This patio is simple.

Get sand, put in on the ground, level it out as best you can, add concrete tiles, a chair and a table.

Instant patio. It has held up during drought and heavy rain. It makes me happy. Nothing fancy or complicated. I can meditate, read, write, give a yell out to a neighbor, have a nice cup of tea. It is just very pleasant.
I think the total cost for the sand and the concrete tiles was around $25. That's a bargin. I also got a workout while building it. My supplies came from my favorite hardware store, Southland Hardware. That place is packed full of helpful things for home and garden and there is always someone on hand to answer questions or guide you in the right direction.


Southland Hardware
1822 Westheimer
Houston, TX 77098
713-529-4743
www.southlandhardware.com

No comments:

Post a Comment